Friday, August 5, 2011

Coming Together 2

It has been 2 years since last I posted, and a lot has happened since then. The Dance Team has reproduced, and now exists in Brooklyn and New York in addition to Chicago. This is neat. In Chicago, TDT is creating an evening length piece to perform in the Chicago Fringe Festival. The piece is called Hub and Spoke and I know little about it, save that it will be great and the costumes make me smile. Look forward to a post by Chris with more about the Chicagoans' doings.

Meanwhile, back in Brooklyn...

Coming Together 2 is under way. A whole new set of people so far, and a whole new set of things to explore. So far there has been a weird and satisfying emphasis on tumbling and little tricks and such. We are now 'proficient' in Aikido rolls, to say the least. We are meeting every Wednesday morning at Cooper Park in East Williamsburg at 8am. I'm taking on a little more of an explicit leader roll at the moment, but hope to crack open a can of Democracy soon enough. My ethics have gotten fuzzy since moving to NYC, but I am excited to get back down to anti-business in the most fun way possible. Hope y'all can join me as we get our feet back on solid ground. With all the sloppy love of teenagers making out for the first time,

- Steve May

No comments: